Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Panagia tou Kambou
Print this page
Panagia tou Kambou

West of the village and at a distance of 500 metres from the centre of the village is the chapel of “Panagia tou Kampou”, which was constructed in 1800. Unfortunately, however, on November 25th 1973 the chapel was destroyed by a fire and according to Ioannis Demetriou it was reconstructed on August 15th 1974. 

Several miracles are linked to the chapel of Panagia (Virgin Mary). The most recent miracle is the one experienced by Mrs. Panayiota from the village of Evrychou. Mrs. Panayiota could not walk as her legs had been paralyzed. One night Panagia appeared in her sleep and told her to visit the chapel of “Panagia tou Kampou” in Akapnou. Mrs Panayiota then asked and found out where the chapel was. When she was driven to the village, not only did she manage to find the chapel by herself, but she was also able to walk to it without anyone else’s help.

Source: Ioannis Demetriou

 
 
 February 2019

MTWTFSS
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728 
 
 
 
CONTACT US
 

CONNUNITY COUNCIL OF AKAPNOU
4501, Akapnou, Lemesos
Τel.: 99612175
Fax: 25622086

 
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc